Reaching students with music when they are young can change their path in life. For some children, life can be a jumble of challenges and obstacles. This can be overwhelming, unless an observant teacher sees what you are up against and suggests that you would be good at playing a particular instrument. That was exactly what happened for one young musician in our Private Lesson Program this past season. At first, lessons were hard. But with persistence, she found that was able to rise above her challenges and find success, hope and joy.
CIVIC MUSIC friends make this program and all of our other programs possible. To provide these exceptional opportunities to students and teachers, we rely on your continued generosity. Your support is key in sustaining this expanded program. Won’t you consider making a gift today?
With your support, the Civic Music Association of Milwaukee is able to meet and exceed its goals:
- Provide private music lessons to students in grades 4-9 who have not already experienced private study and for whom family finances might not be able to support that private study.
- Nurture gifted high school students with a competition that raises the bar of performance and awards them with performance opportunities and scholarships awards.
- Provide workshops and master classes in performance practices led by prominent Milwaukee musicians.
- Honor outstanding teachers and administrators who have made a difference in the lives of area students.
- Honor Milwaukee area citizens who have made significant contributions to music in our community.
- Be a catalyst for community support of music education by building enthusiasm and excitement for learning by area youth and their families.
- Establish and maintain meaningful collaborations with other community organizations to create new audiences and heightened public awareness for each organization.
Help Civic Music continue to enrich the quality of life in our community. Every gift is like an investment. Thank you for your support!
Civic Music Association of Milwaukee is registered as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.